Recipe from The Mom and Me Cookbook
The simple and creative recipes found in The Mom and Me Cookbook are easy enough for kids as young as 3 years old to help prepare and will give kids a tasty and attractive treat while having fun with mom & creating food that’s delicious & healthy.
You will need: radishes, cherry tomatoes, raisins, green onions, chives, salt and pepper, 4 potatoes, ∏ cup grated cheese, 1/3 cup milk, 2 tbs butter
How to make them:
1. Wash the potatoes and pat them dry. Prick the skins with a fork and put the potatoes on a baking sheet. Brush them all over with oil.
2. Bake the potatoes until they are soft. Medium-sized potatoes take about one hour in an oven preheated to 400F
3. Cool enough to handle? Then cut off the tops and carefully scoop out the soft potato centers. You can throw away the tops (or eat therm)
4. Mash the soft centers with the butter, milk, three quarters of the cheese, salt and pepper. Then put the mixture into the potato skin.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the broiler for a few minutes until golden
6. Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato held in place with a toothpick and chives tucked behind it
7. Finish decorating with raisin eyes, radish ears, and green onion tails.
Annabel Karmel is the mother of three children, an international bestselling author of fifteen books on nutrition and cooking for babies and toddlers, and a familiar face on British television. Annabel travels frequently to the United States, where her books on feeding babies and young children are very popular.
For more recipes and info please visit: annabelkarmel.com